Joyful, Academically Excellent Schools
Joyful, Academically Excellent Schools
While we are no longer accepting applications for the current 2021-22 school year, we are continuing to enroll on a case by case basis only. Currently, all of our KIPP Jacksonville schools are fully enrolled. However, as spots open up throughout the school year, we will continue to call off of the existing grades waiting lists between now and February 2022.
Due to growth, we are excited to offer the following grades at each school:
Use the APPLY HERE link and update your contact information. All students on current waitlist will be automatically considered for the 2022-2023 school year.
You can choose which school to opt into for the 2022-23 school year. While we will work hard to honor your preference, a spot at that school or campus is not guaranteed.
There are many factors to consider when preferencing the KIPP schools:
We are proud to continue to offer free bus transportation for all student KG – 10th at all KIPP Jacksonville schools. However, not all stops will be available to all grades at both campuses. Please click here for proposed stops available for each school.
*This information is subject to change as we respond to the needs of our families.
The exact start and end school day times are not yet finalized for the 2022-23 year. Please note that all KIPP Jacksonville schools have early release every Wednesday to allow for meaningful, ongoing staff professional development.
In January 2022, we will ask our current families to both re-commit for next year AND their preference of schools. Our current families will have priority placement between schools and campuses. We will then use the information from our current families to determine how many spots are available in each school for our new families in the March 2022 lottery.
You do not need to complete a new student application for any current student that attends a KIPP Jacksonville school. Instead, in January 2022, you will complete re-enrollment for your current student. However, if you have any students that do not currently attend, please login to your existing SchoolMint account to complete a new student application.
If KIPP Jacksonville receives more applications than there are seats available for any given grade level, we will hold a lottery as required by law. If we do not receive enough applications for a lottery, then all applicants will automatically be offered a seat at KIPP. After the lottery dates below, applicants will be notified of their offer or waitlist status via text, email, and mail.
· Elementary and Middle School Lottery: March 25, 2022 | 1 PM
· High School Lottery: March 25, 2022 | 12 PM
NOTE: If the lottery date has passed, we accept applications on a first come first serve basis as long as seats are available, all other applicants will be added to a waitlist.
Applicants who applied before the lottery date will be notified of their status within one week of the lottery. Applicants who apply after the lottery date will receive either a notification of their status within one week of applying. Waitlisted applicants will be ranked based on the date the application is received.
· Offer: If you are offered a seat at KIPP Jacksonville, you will receive an email and/or text message extending the offer and explaining how to accept or decline your offer. We will also attempt to contact you personally to answer any questions you may have. If we do not receive confirmation of your acceptance within the required time, you may forfeit your seat to an applicant on the waitlist.
· Waitlist: If you are placed on the waitlist, you will receive an email and/or text message notifying you of your waitlist status. Because the waitlist is ranked based on the date the application is received, we strongly recommend that you apply as early as possible. We regularly review and offer seats from the waitlist until approximately the second week of school. Due to a high volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact applicants on the waitlist on a regular basis. At any time, you may visit www.schoolmint.net to view your waitlist number.
KIPP provides free bus transportation to all students that live more than one mile from their assigned school. In order to make bus routing more effective for all riders, KIPP will place your student at the KIPP school campus that is closest to the student’s home address. If you prefer a different school campus and are able to provide your own transportation, you may contact our office and complete a Request to Transfer Form.
Once you have accepted your seat, you can begin the enrollment process by completing the online KIPP Enrollment Packet. This online form requests detailed information about your student, including emergency contacts, bus route requests, and student health information. We strongly recommend parents complete the Enrollment Packet prior to attending KIPP’s Enrollment Day. This allows you to complete the Packet in the comfort of your own home, and completely bypass this station on Enrollment Day. The form can be completed on a phone, tablet, or laptop.
· Birth Certificate
· Proof of Residency within the city of Jacksonville
· Immunization Records
· Previous Report Card (for 1st – 10th-grade applicants)
The following documents must also be submitted, if applicable:
· Special Education Records (IEP, 504 Plan, etc.)
· Allergy Form
· Asthma Plan
· Physical Examination- For all Pre-K students and high school students interested in playing sports